09 September 2010

Welcome Home

I would like to start by welcoming you all back from the summer.  I look forward to watching you put into action, all the new skills you learned.  We had some great feedback from you over the past year and as a result, we have a great year ahead of us with some new activities and training weekends planned.  Also, I must pass on the compliments I have received.  There were so many impressed visitors from our ACR in June.  You should all be very proud of yourselves and the fantastic showing you made to your friends, family and community.

For those of you who joined us from RCSCC MARINER last spring and have decided to stay, welcome home.  Those of you who returned to your corps, I thank you for all your work and wish you all the best in your cadet career.  I was very impressed with your deportment and it was a pleasure to have you join us for our Annual Ceremonial Review and my Change of Command Ceremony. 

I hope you all take a minute to introduce yourself to our newest staff member and welcome her to FRASER.  SLt Sarra Lyford is a former Air Officer and comes to us with a wealth of experience in the cadet programme. 

I look forward to my first year of Command at FRASER.  Looking back on my journey through Cadets, I never would have imagined when I joined a small Sea Cadet corps in Edmonton, Alberta so many years ago that I would one day command my own corps.  There are so many great opportunities for you with this program, you never know where they can take you.  Mr. Rainbow has submitted an article on his experience a little farther down the page.  I hope you take advantage of everything offered to you!

 Welcome home FRASER!  Je Suis Prest!

Lt(N) Megan St. Hilaire
Commanding Officer